4.26.2007

Comfort in Unlikely Places

Cold rainy day. Dense fog. I have a chill so deep within me, no amount of blankets will warm me. It's been a long and trying day, as many of them have been lately. I wonder if I know what I'm doing. I'm almost certain I don't. Getting ready to end the day with a hot steaming shower in an attempt to wash away the stress and warm my aching body, I checked my messages one last time.
He was there, as if he knew and was waiting for me. His words warmed me. I let them wash over me like a stream of hot water taking the place of my therapeutic shower. Though I'm not as cheerful as I'd like, I am better. The comfort he provides surprises me. It's unexpected and inexplicable. In some ways he saves me from shedding unhappy tears and in their place the happy relieved ones fall. Release. That's what I needed. Somehow he always knows.

No comments: