2.11.2007

Runner

I should be a runner. The sound of my soles hitting the pavement. The pounding of my heart with each stride. Panting. Feeling the burn in my muscles as I push on. Further. Sweat dripping. More distance. I could be a great runner.

Everything seems to disappear. The world blends into itself leaving me and the pavement. One quick step after another. I don't have to think. It's just running. I don't have to plan. Run. It doesn't matter where I go. One more step. Further from where I was. Never looking back. Always forward.

5 comments:

Eryka said...

Have you seen "What Women Want" with Helen Hunt and that other guy??? (my brain is full.) I totally pictured the advertisement Helen Hunt's character draws up about running. if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to see the movie.

graceling said...

Eryk.

Yes.

For the Nike ad.

Exactly.

Mandy, you must watch that movie.

I think that guy is Mel Gibson?

graceling said...

Also, I can't be a runner.

I have bad knees.

But that is how I feel when I...

um...

okay, nevermind.

Mandalina said...

I have seen "What Women Want." It is Mel Gibson.
I didn't think of that. How odd. You're right though.

Grace... yeah, not quite what I meant but okay.

I almost went for a run today but I slid in the driveway on the snow and returned to the comfort of my room. I had a mental jog instead.

graceling said...

Come on, you know I am a dork.

Don't tell me you were suprised by that.