2.04.2007

It's not a date

Seriously. It's hanging out. Yes, he's a boy and I'm a girl but we can still be friends. There's nothing wrong with being friends.

He's nice. I know. "Nice" is like the kiss of death for a guy. That's not what I mean. I don't honestly know where this will go. I'm just enjoying our friendship right now. We have so much in common. He's a paramedic that lives nearby. His taste in music is as ecclectic as my own. What's really great is that we can share medical stories, keeping with HIPAA of course, as well as discuss odd little things about everything. And of course, my favorite show as of late, Grey's Anatomy! How cool is that?!

I've seen a lot of him lately. We're both fans of texting. We do that a bit. But we're not dating. Just friends.

We're planning a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry to see Body Worlds 2. I'm excited. I can't wait to see the next one. He missed the first one so I tried to fill him in on it a bit.

So, I'm happy. I'm single. I'm doing well. This is strange for me. I haven't a clue. I'm just kind of wandering around looking at everything in front of me. Life is full of surprises, twists and turns, dips and dives. I guess the best thing to do is just strap in and hang on. Afterall, it's not the destination as much as it is the journey.

4 comments:

graceling said...

I agree.

Strap your girls in, and hang on:)

Mandalina said...

lol, my girls, eh? Thanks. So far, I'm enjoying the ride. At what point do will I stop feeling apprehensive?

graceling said...

When you're dead?

Or when they give you the really good meds:)

Mandalina said...

Hmm... too soon for dead. And a bit drastic. I think I'll take option number two. Bring on the good stuff! Now, if I could just find that really great guy with the prescription pad...